powerbar V3 5700

Haben Sie produktspezifische Fragen ?

Moderator: T.Hoffmann

Antworten
filipk
Mini-User

Mi, 24.07.19, 22:50

Hello

I see at this site the meanwel lcm 60 is a good led driver for the powerbar V3 leds.
It is a 3 in 1 dimmer,actualy i do not understand wat that means.

Constant current drivers i know of works like 350 am 700 1050 and the last years some times further up.
Can you only dim at those setting or can you dim gradualy?

Also is there some device,software you have where you can time the led to switch on and of,and to gradualy build up and fade out the intensity of the led in lets say 10-15 minits,i have a mac pc?

About the powerbar V3 i would cut the segments of and connect them together again,i saw at the forum someone connected them from negatif and the following segment connect positif,crosswise,til everything was connected,is this the way to go?

For me they are more then strong enough but i see they only go to 700Ma,can they go higher then this?

These are my questions
Greetings
Filip
Borax
Star-Admin
Star-Admin

Do, 25.07.19, 10:49

Hi Filip,
welcome on board!

There are about 15 different Powerbar V3 modules available. So which one do you talk about?
Constant current drivers i know of works like 350 am 700 1050 and the last years some times further up.
Can you only dim at those setting or can you dim gradualy?
You can dim gradualy. The set constant current is just the max. current without dimming . The ' 3 in 1 dimming' option means that you may use either a 0 to 10V DV analog voltage or any resistance between 0 and 100 kOhm or PWM (also at 10V) to set the desired dimming value which is possible between 5% and 100% - lower values (like 1% or 2%) are not possible. Just have a look into the data sheet: https://lumstatic.com/wG/1W/zj_jXo2yetet-csIsA.pdf
Also is there some device,software you have where you can time the led to switch on and of,and to gradualy build up and fade out the intensity of the led in lets say 10-15 minits,i have a mac pc?
That would be possible with some kind of separate controller like the aquarium computer TC420: https://www.lemona.ee/LIUSE/Pdf/LED-TC420.pdf I'm not sure if the software for the TC420 is available for mac, but you can also setup this (simple) timing in the TC420 itself.
filipk
Mini-User

Do, 25.07.19, 20:16

Hello
Thank you for the reply

The powerbar V3 i am thinking about is the 5700 k 12x osram oslon module.
I saw at a revieuw at the forum the segments where connected croswise,negatif from one segment to positif on the following segment.
Is this the way to go?

About the TC420 timer controler i see that the input is 12-24v,on the page of the powerbar v3 i see they run on 35v.
Can these work or do i need another controler.
Also i could not find this controler on the leds.de page

Greetings
Filip
Borax
Star-Admin
Star-Admin

Fr, 26.07.19, 08:56

About the TC420 timer controler i see that the input is 12-24v,on the page of the powerbar v3 i see they run on 35v.
Can these work or do i need another controler.
Yes. As you will use the Dimm-Input, you can run the controller with 12V. The LCM-60 has additional an 12V output but with 50mA current only. This should be sufficient to run the TC420, but I cannot promise it. If not, you will need an additional (small) 12V DC supply. The connection between power supply, controller and LEDs is different than described in the TC420 datasheet, but it is not complicated. I can post a wiring diagram if you need it.
Also i could not find this controler on the leds.de page
No. This is a special device designed for aquarist needs. But it is also usable for other kinds of slow changing light control. You may get it on amazon (like: https://www.amazon.de/Sonline-Programmi ... B00X9IT2O0 )
The powerbar V3 i am thinking about is the 5700 k 12x osram oslon module.
This module should be driven with 700mA. According to the datasheet it should not be driven with higher currents (datsheet: https://lumstatic.com/52/-1/SWOzTV0tfQOcg1nCcg.pdf ). And suitable cooling is required also for 700mA.
I saw at a revieuw at the forum the segments where connected croswise,negatif from one segment to positif on the following segment. Is this the way to go?
Correct. Typical series circuit. You can drive 2 modules with one LCM-60.
filipk
Mini-User

Fr, 26.07.19, 18:31

Hello

Thank you for the info

I would realy apresciate the wiring diagram,and how if necesarry i can put the aditional 12v dc suply in these setting.
What kind of extra 12v dc driver would you advice?
Stil do not understand about the 12v 35v thingh but i follow you,if it works it works.

Probably i wil use these modules at half strenght.
I am looking for 1 watt led with a high cri,this was the best offer.

About cooling i was thinking about mounting them on an alu T or U profile around 30-40mm broad and 2 or 3 mm thick.
Wat do you think,or should i use a 51mm star instead?
That would be a bit unhandy but of course the cooling needs to be sufficient

Greetings
Filip
Borax
Star-Admin
Star-Admin

Mo, 29.07.19, 11:07

Probably i wil use these modules at half strenght.
In this case the LCM-40 would be sufficient. Also for 2/3 strenght (500mA).
What kind of extra 12v dc driver would you advice?
Any small 12V DC supply you may already have as spare or something like this:
https://www.amazon.de/EFISH-12V-12W-Sch ... B07D9DTWYS
Stil do not understand about the 12v 35v thingh but i follow you,if it works it works.
There is no connection between the LED Output (for 2 modules in series it is even 70V) and the TC420. The TC420 is only connected with the dimming input of the LCM. There is a small disadvantage of this wiring type: The programming is inverted. If you set the output level in the TC420 to 80% max. the LCM will output 20% max. And vice versa. It's not realy a problem (you can use all dimming and fading functions, you just have to remember it)

Wiring diagram (without additional 12V DC supply)
LCM-TC420_1.png
LCM-TC420_1.png (155.1 KiB) 6490 mal betrachtet

Remark: In my own LCM the pins for DIM(-) and -FAN are internally connected. You should check if this is still the case. If not, you should probably better use an additional 12V supply. I'm also not sure if the 50mA are sufficient for the TC420.

With additional 12V DC supply:
LCM-TC420_2.png
LCM-TC420_2.png (210.27 KiB) 6490 mal betrachtet
filipk
Mini-User

Mo, 29.07.19, 14:10

Hello I just started to make this led fixture with the 5700k powerbar leds
Becous i wanted to test this i used only one powerbar segment,one led of 2 watt.
And i connected it like showed on the diagram.
The negatif pole on the segment gave some sparks and the led diode flashed on and burned trough.
I tried it the second time becous next to the outlet towards the leds on the lcm 60 there is a smal blue box with 6 shifters.
And 1 and 2 where in ON mode i saw.
So i shifted them OF connected another segment but it burned through also.
After this i wanted to give up but tried one more time.
I altered al the shifter on the blue segment to the ON mode,now everything worked.
The led realy sparked,thats defenatly something else then a diode from a ledstrip.
Thank you for your help.
I hope this can help other users also.

This is for an aquarium that needs two fixtures with 10 diodes.
I wil give comment and pictures about the performance and cooling requirements for this setting when it is finished.
Greetz
Filip

Thank you for the diagram.

Only about the cooling i have some doubts.

Do you think those segments can be cooled through a alu 30mm T or U profile of 3mm thiknes?
Or do i ,need to use the 51 mm 1cm thick star coolers?

Greetings
Filip
Zuletzt geändert von filipk am Mo, 11.11.19, 16:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Borax
Star-Admin
Star-Admin

Mo, 29.07.19, 16:53

Do you think those segments can be cooled through a alu 30mm T or U profile of 3mm thiknes?
With 350 mA it could be possible (this depends on the leg length of the U profile and also on the overall surroundings). But never for 700mA. There you need a real heat sink. You get one at Lumitronix: https://www.leds.de/kuehlkoerper-fuer-p ... 31631.html but it is very expensive. At Reichelt you can buy a 1m piece and cut it yourself (1m is enough for 3 powerbar V3 modules): https://www.reichelt.de/kuehlkoerper-10 ... stct=pol_6
Or do i ,need to use the 51 mm 1cm thick star coolers?
I think for 700mA this is not sufficient.
filipk
Mini-User

Di, 30.07.19, 15:14

Thank you for your support!
This project would have been imposible without it.
I wil start ordering as soon as.
Greetings
Filip
Antworten